The world is overrun with highly mature brands and categories. Some are still healthy and growing strongly. But many others are stalled and stagnating. There is a temptation, even among huge, top tier brands, to accept no/slow growth. This is a fatal, self-fulfilling prophesy. Brands, and even entire categories, become obsolete.
However, they can be reignited, even resurrected. GOT MILK? represents a modern case of “Marketing CPR.” Below are some of the mandates for reigniting highly mature brands and categories.
- A seismic shift in strategic thinking.
- Provocative, possibly terrifying ideas.
- A core of progressive, resilient, highly persuasive leaders.
- People who embrace intelligent risk.
- Strategic alliances, even with those thought to be the “enemy”.
- Investment spending and a realistic payout period.
- Humility, patience and accountability.
“Reigniting Mature Brands & Categories” is a keynote speech and brand building workshop aimed at senior management, chief marketing officers and their departments. It also forms the basis for longer term consultation and idea generation.